International Studies & Programs

Faculty and Staff

Faculty and staff are encouraged to contact us for safety and security recommendations in advance of their international travel, especially if traveling to a country that has an active U.S. Department of State Travel Warning. Note that if you are traveling to a country with a U.S. Department of State Travel Warning and you will be accompanied by an undergraduate or graduate student, a Travel Warning waiver request must be approved before the student may travel. More information may be found on the student registration page.

If your travel is funded by MSU or occurs in connection with your employment or enrollment with MSU, you must:

  1. Complete a Pre-Trip Authorization Form
    These forms should be signed by the appropriate Major Administrative Unit (MAU) authority.

  2. Register in the MSU Global Travel Registry
    You may register your own travel or have someone else (such as a departmental travel arranger or trip leader) register travel on your behalf.